Weather and Travel
July in Colorado is a beautiful colorful time, Generally hot, and filled with both sunshine and rain.
- During our time there temperatures may vary between a low of 55 degrees at night to a high during the day in the upper 80’s-lower 90's.
- Please make sure to be prepared for both sun and rain, and check the Loveland, Colorado area weather forecast before packing at home for the retreat. Bring layers, things that you can put on and take off. We have found that it is better to be warmer and be able to shed a layer than to be too cold! Sunrise Ranch has air conditioning in all meeting rooms, and fans and swamp-coolers in sleeping areas.
- Comfortable walking shoes are a must. The workshops will be located either outside (in the shade) or in several different buildings on the grounds and you will often walk on unpaved roads to get from one place to another. Comfort and practicality is what you want to consider, and traveling light for your own convenience.
- Please DO bring a bathing suit (even if you are sure you won’t swim) as the heated pool and indoor sauna will be available.
- Although bedding is supplied for all who are staying in the dorm style cabins, you may wish to bring a pillow case or perhaps even your favorite pillow!
If you are flying, the nearest Airport is Denver International, and we recommend Green Ride shuttle service for those who do not want to rent a vehicle.
For flying, you will want to book your round trip ticket into Denver International Airport.
- Please book your arrival flight to land in Denver on July 19th prior to 3:pm MST. If your flight lands early, you will need to entertain yourself before making your way out to Sunrise Ranch where Retreat Check-In starts at 2:00pm. We suggest getting some lunch, or if you have time even see some of the area attractions.
We recommend using GREEN RIDE SHUTTLE SERVICE to book your round-trip ride from the airport to Sunrise Ranch and back again. Please time your rides to arrive at Sunrise AFTER 2:pm on Thursday, and to eave the Ranch between 10:00 -10:30am on Sunday. Green Ride offers The Heart and Soul Academy a $3 discount off each reservation. The easiest way you can book reservations at the discounted rate is by making reservations via the HEART portal at:
You may also book reservations through the Green Ride main web site. At the first page you come to enter HEART as the Group Code . You are also welcome to call our local reservation agents at (970)226-5533, they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please be sure and mention the discount code HEART when you book to ensure your discount is applied.
Green Ride operates on a regular schedule between Loveland and Denver International Airport. See www.greenrideco.com for a full schedule and additional information.
- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE AT SUNRISE RANCH PRIOR TO 2PM! .
- For your departure flight, please book your home-bound flight after 1 pm MST to insure that you arrive back at the airport in time.
- The address of Sunrise Ranch is 100 Sunrise Ranch Rd, Loveland, CO 80538.
Note: We always recommend you check road conditions before leaving so you can prepare accordingly. You can visit http://www.cotrip.org for up-to-date information. If you run into any problems while commuting to the retreat, please call and let us know what’s happening at (970) 697-9677.