TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated: May 29th, 2017
I. ABOUT THE SERVICES
1. Heart and Soul Academy is a nonprofit organization guided by our Board of Directors devoted to ending the suffering caused by body-focused repetitive behavior disorders, such as hair pulling, skin picking, nail-biting, and other related behaviors. The Services are intended to provide users with information about body-focused repetitive behaviors, healing modalities, online classes, conferences, webinars, newsletters, support groups and other educational events. Users can join Heart and Soul Academy, make donations and volunteer their services by visiting the “Websites”. Heart and Soul Academy does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, treatments, opinions, or other information that may be described, mentioned or discussed in any of the services, databases or pages accessible within or from the Website. Furthermore, Heart and Soul Academy makes no representations concerning their efficacy, appropriateness or suitability.
• what information we may collect about you;
• what we use that information for;
• what third-party information, if any, you are agreeing to share by using the Services; and
• with whom we share that information.
II. TERMS APPLICABLE TO THE SERVICES
(1) Use Restrictions
(b) You agree to protect the Services, and their proprietary content, information and other materials, from any unauthorized access or use, and you agree that you will not use the Services or such proprietary content, information or other materials except as expressly permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by Heart and Soul Academy. Except as specifically permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by Heart and Soul Academy, you agree that you will not directly or indirectly: (i) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, modify, time-share or otherwise exploit the Services in any unauthorized manner, including but not limited to by trespass or burdening network capacity; (ii) use the Services in any service bureau arrangement; (iii) copy, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify the Services, any updates, or any part thereof in any form or manner or by any means; (iv) harvest or scrape any content or data from the Service, or (v) permit any third party to engage in any of the acts described in clauses (i) through (iv).
You further understand and agree that you are not permitted to: (w) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights' notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in the Services; (x) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer any part of the Services, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Services); (y) use any means to discover the source code of any portion of the Services; or (z) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the Services. Any attempt to do any of the foregoing is a violation of the rights of Heart and Soul Academy and its licensors. If you breach these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that Heart and Soul Academy is not in any way responsible for any such use by you, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that you may receive as a result of using the Services.
5. Third Party Services and Materials.
(a) Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third Party Materials") or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Heart and Soul Academy is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. Heart and Soul Academy does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
(b) In addition, third party services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from the Services are not available in all languages or in all countries. Heart and Soul Academy makes no representation that any third party services and Third Party Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or Third Party Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws.
6. Notice of Infringement – DMCA Policy
Anyone who believes that his or her work has been reproduced in the Service in a manner which constitutes copyright infringement may submit a notification to Heart and Soul Academy's Copyright Agent (firstname.lastname@example.org) in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA"), by providing the following information in writing:
a. identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
b. identification of the allegedly infringing material that is requested to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Service;
c. information for our Copyright Agent to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address;
d. a statement that you have a good faith belief that the identified, allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owners, its agent or the law;
e. a statement that the information above is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or the authorized person to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
f. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you are asserting infringement of an intellectual property right other than copyright, please specify the intellectual property right at issue (for example, "trademark") by notating this in your written notice. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements for a notice of infringement as specified above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent by mail to: Heart and Soul Academy, Attn: Christina Pearson, Heart and Soul Academy, 321 Rood Ave, Ste. #103, Grand Junction, CO 81505, or by email to email@example.com. Heart and Soul Academy will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement using the Service that are reported to Heart and Soul Academy's copyright agent in the notification explained above. It is Heart and Soul Academy's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe copyrights or intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) after we received a notice of copyright infringement is not actually infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to Heart and Soul Academy's Executive Director: (1) your physical or electronic signature (with your full legal name); (2) identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) a statement that you have a good faith belief, under penalty of perjury, that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and (4) your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by Heart and Soul Academy's Copyright Agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it. Unless the original complaining party files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Heart and Soul Academy's sole discretion.
Please understand that filing a counter-notification may lead to legal proceedings between you and the complaining party to determine ownership. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation by using this process.
Further information on the DMCA can be found in 17 U.S.C. 512 or on the United States Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf.
III. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
1. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND HEART AND SOUL ACADEMY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE USE, PERFORMANCE AND SUPPORT THEREOF), EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. HEART AND SOUL ACADEMY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS- OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THAT THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER APPLICATION OR ANY PARTICULAR SYSTEM OR DEVICE, OR (IV) DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY HEART AND SOUL ACADEMY OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OR AGENT SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IV. DISCLAIMER ON PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
1. The information available on and through the Services are NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill and judgment of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians and health care professionals. Heart and Soul Academy makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of this information. The Services are for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as medical advice or to replace consultation with your physician or mental health professional. Should you have any health, medical or disability questions or concerns, please consult a physician or other health care professional. Information accessed on or through the Services is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses and physical conditions or their management or treatment.
2. Any and all (i) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the Services and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback), information and reports provided to Heart and Soul Academy by you (collectively "Feedback"), and all (ii) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by Heart and Soul Academy or otherwise relating to the Services (collectively, "Revisions"), are and will remain the property of Heart and Soul Academy. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the Services or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of Heart and Soul Academy and Heart and Soul Academy may use and disclose Feedback and/or Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to Heart and Soul Academy any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. At Heart and Soul Academy's request, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment.
VI. ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
This Section includes an arbitration agreement and an agreement that all claims will be brought only in an individual capacity (and not as a class action or other representative proceeding). Please read it carefully. You may opt out of the arbitration agreement by following the opt out procedure described below.
1. Informal Process First. You agree that in the event of any dispute between you and Heart and Soul Academy, you will first contact Heart and Soul Academy and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action.
2. Arbitration Agreement. After the informal dispute resolution process any remaining dispute, controversy, or claim (collectively, "Claim") relating in any way to your use of Heart and Soul Academy's services and/or products, including the Services, or relating in any way to the communications between you and Heart and Soul Academy or any other user of the Services, will be finally resolved by binding arbitration.
If you wish to begin an arbitration proceeding, after following the informal dispute resolution procedure, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Heart and Soul Academy, 321 Rood Ave, Ste. #103, Grand Junction, CO 81501. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules including, if you are an individual, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. If you are not an individual or have used the Services on behalf of an entity, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will not be used. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court, will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, unconscionability, arbitrability, enforceability, or formation of this arbitration agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this arbitration agreement is void or voidable. However, the preceding sentence will not apply to the "Class Action Waiver" section below.
If you do not want to arbitrate disputes with Heart and Soul Academy and you are an individual, you may opt out of this arbitration agreement by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of the first of the date you access or use the Service.
Class Action Waiver
Any Claim must be brought in the respective party's individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, representative, multiple plaintiff, or similar proceeding ("Class Action"). The parties expressly waive any ability to maintain any Class Action in any forum. If the Claim is subject to arbitration, the arbitrator will not have authority to combine or aggregate similar claims or conduct any Class Action nor make an award to any person or entity not a party to the arbitration. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void, or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. The parties understand that any right to litigate in court, to have a judge or jury decide their case, or to be a party to a class or representative action, is waived, and that any claims must be decided individually, through arbitration.
If this class action waiver is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of the Arbitration Agreement, if otherwise effective, will be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, you and Heart and Soul Academy each waive any right to a jury trial.
VII. GENERAL PROVISIONS
3. Export Laws. You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly the Services and/or other information or materials provided by Heart and Soul Academy hereunder, to any country for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or approval. In particular, but without limitation, the Services may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or any country that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, or (b) to anyone listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole expense with all applicable United States export laws and regulations.
4. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Services and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
Heart and Soul Academy
321 Rood Ave, Ste. #103
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Phone: (970) 644-5333