Adult Classes in Mindfulness Based Impulse Reduction for BRFB's
with Instructor Christina Pearson
With experiential mindfulness instruction and practice in every class session - being coupled with fun & useful learning exercises, students will learn what mindfulness is - and isn't, emerging scientific evidence and its profound usefulness, learn to utilize the practical application of mindfulness as a powerful tool for building a solid recovery from unwanted hair pulling, skin picking, and other BFRBs. At the end of 9 weeks, class registrants will have a comprehensive sense of mindfulness utility and its experiential impact in their own lives, understand the underlying principles of stages of change, and will have practiced for approximately 50 hours the cohesive, strategically adaptive Mindfulness Living-Skills-Based approach to managing both hair pulling and skin picking that has kept Christina’s recovery on track for years.
What you will learn:
- What mindfulness is – and isn’t
- About emerging scientific evidence of profound usefulness
- How to develop a mindful practice
- How to reduce unwanted behavior using a blend of strategies based on being mindful
By the end of the class series, you will have:
- A comprehensive sense of mindfulness utility in their own lives
- Practical application for skin picking & hair pulling reduction
- 50 hours of practice in the cohesive, strategically adaptive Mindfulness Living-Skills-Based approach for managing both hair pulling and skin picking
Each weekly class session is 2 hours (120 minutes) long and includes mindful stillness & mindful movement. Week 8 is very special class and is 4 hours long class, starting 2 hours earlier than the scheduled class time.
Preparing for Class | For our online classes we use Zoom. It is very easy to use and does not require any downloads. Please take a moment to review our Technical and Spatial Requirements prior to joining class.